- Size: 5.8” x 3.4” x 2.9” (148mm x 86mm x 73mm)
- Weight: 14.5 oz (410 grams) Actual size and weight may vary by the manufacturing process
- Display: 5.5 touchscreen
- Camera: 1MP camera with built-in shutter
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- Bluetooth connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Show 5 or from Echo Show 5 to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.
- Audio: Full range 1.65” built-in speaker. 3.5 mm stereo audio output for use with external speakers (audio cable not included)
- Alexa App: The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices. Supported operating systems
- Processor: MediaTek MT 8163
- Accessibility Features: On Echo devices with screens, you can enable Alexa captioning and closed captioning, magnify the screen, toggle color inversion, and choose between color correction options. You can also enable the VoiceView screen reader to use gestures to navigate the screen and hear spoken feedback about the items you select. Learn more about Echo with screen accessibility and Alexa accessibility.
- Included in the Box: Echo Show 5, power adapter (15W)/cable (4.9 ft.), quick start guide, and Things to try the card.
- Privacy Features: Wake word technology, streaming indicators, microphone/camera off button, built-in camera shutter, the ability to view and delete your voice recordings, and more. Visit the Alexa Privacy Hub to explore how Alexa and Echo devices are designed to protect your privacy.
- Language: Alexa speaks English and Spanish
About this item
✅ Alexa can show you more – Compact 5.5” smart display ready to help manage your day, entertain at a glance, and connect you to friends and family.
✅ Made to fit your life – Cook along to step-by-step recipes. Easily update to-do lists and calendars. A glance at weather and traffic on your way out.
✅ Big entertainment – Ask Alexa to show you movie trailers, TV shows, movies, or the news. Or listen to radio stations, podcasts, and audiobooks.
✅ Control your smart home – Voice control compatible devices or manage them on the easy-to-use display. Ask Alexa to show you security cameras, control lights, and adjust thermostats.
✅ Connect with video calling and messaging – Call friends and family who have the Alexa app, an Echo device with a screen, or Skype. Make announcements to other devices in your home.
✅ Make it yours – Choose the clock face that fits your style best. Use your favorite photos on the home screen. Create morning routines to start your day.
✅ Designed to protect your privacy - Turn off the microphone and camera with one press of a button. Slide the built-in shutter to cover the camera.
✅ Connect with your favorite people
- Make hands-free video calls to the Alexa app or another Echo device with a screen. Instantly connect to other supported devices in your home, or make a voice announcement to every room with a supported Echo device.
✅ Entertainment for every part of your day
- Catch up on today’s news and sports highlights. Watch TV shows, movies, and trailers. Cook along with step-by-step recipes. See song lyrics and album art with Amazon Music. It’s the perfect size for adding glanceable entertainment to any room.
✅ More ways to control your privacy
- Alexa and Echo devices are built with multiple layers of privacy. For example, your voice is streamed to the cloud only after your device detects the wake word (“Alexa”). You can also turn the microphone and camera off with a press of a button. And the built-in shutter lets you easily cover the camera.
✅ Make your home smarter
- Manage compatible smart home devices on the simple interactive display or use your voice. Control lights and switches. Set thermostats. View security cameras.
✅ Make other nightstands jealous
- Use the ambient sunrise lighting feature to get your day started right. You can also choose from several fun clock face designs or display albums from Amazon photos
✅ Alexa has skills
- With more than 80,000 skills and counting, Alexa is always getting smarter. Skills are like apps and help you do more like play Jeopardy!, relax with Headspace, or learn something new with wikiHow. Just say, "Alexa, show me skills".
✅ Alexa for kids
- Make Alexa kid-friendly at no extra charge. Turn on parental controls with Amazon Kids (FreeTime), in settings on your Echo Show 5 screen or in the Alexa app. Alexa will automatically give kid-friendly responses, filter explicit songs, block shopping, and let kids call approved contacts. Parents can also set time limits and review activity. Children’s privacy is important to us.
✅ Simple to set up and use
||Blue, Purple, White