- Size: 7.9”x 5.4”x 3.9” (200mm x 135mm x 99mm)
- Weight: 36.6 oz (1037 grams) Actual size and weight may vary by the manufacturing process.
- Display: 8.0” touch screen
- Camera: 1MP camera with built-in shutter
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- Bluetooth connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Show 8 or from Echo Show 8 to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.
- Audio: 2.0” (52 mm) neodymium speakers with passive bass radiator
- Alexa App: The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices.
- Setup technology: Amazon Wi-Fi simple setup enables customers to connect smart devices to their Wi-Fi network in a few easy steps. A Wi-Fi simple setup is another way Alexa is always getting smarter.
- Processor: MediaTek MT 8163
- Accessibility features: On Echo devices with screens, you can enable Alexa captioning and closed captioning, magnify the screen, toggle color inversion, and choose between color correction options. You can also enable the VoiceView screen reader to use gestures to navigate the screen and hear spoken feedback about the items you select.
- Included in the box: Echo Show 8, power adapter (30W)/cable (4.9 ft.), and quick start guide.
- Privacy features: Wake word technology, streaming indicators, microphone/camera off button, built-in camera shutter, the ability to view and delete your voice recordings, and more
- Language: Alexa speaks English and Spanish
About this item
Configuration: Device only
✅ Alexa can show you more - With an 8" HD screen and stereo sound, Alexa can help manage your day at a glance.
✅ Connect with video calling and messaging - Call friends and family who have the Alexa app or an Echo device with a screen. Make announcements to other devices in your home.
✅ Be entertained - Ask Alexa to show you movie trailers, TV shows, movies, or the news. Or listen to radio stations, podcasts, and audiobooks.
✅ Control your smart home - Voice control compatible devices or manage them on the easy-to-use display. Ask Alexa to show you security cameras, control lights, and adjust thermostats.
✅ Make it yours - Show off your albums from Amazon Photos. Customize your home screen. Create morning routines to start your day.
✅ Made to fit your life - Cook along to step-by-step recipes with Food Network Kitchen. Easily update to-do lists and calendars. A glance at weather and traffic on your way out.
✅ Designed to protect your privacy - Electronically disconnect the microphones and camera with one press of a button. Slide the built-in shutter to cover the camera.
✅ See and do more with Alexa
- Echo Show 8 connects to Alexa to give you rich stereo sound with vivid visuals on an 8” HD screen. See on-screen lyrics with Amazon Music. Set alarms and timers. Display your favorite photos. Check weather and traffic as you head out. Catch up on news highlights and movie trailers.
✅ Connect with your favorite people
- Make hands-free video calls to the Alexa app or another Echo with a screen. Use Announcements to send voice messages to every room with a supported Echo device, or use Drop In as a two-way intercom between rooms.
✅ Entertainment for every part of your day
- Catch up on today’s news and sports highlights. Watch TV shows, movies, music videos, or movie trailers from Prime Video, Hulu, NBC, and more. Listen to music from streaming services like Apple Music and Spotify and see song lyrics and album art with Amazon Music.
✅ More ways to control your privacy
- Alexa and Echo devices are built with multiple layers of privacy protection. From the mic/camera off button and built-in shutter to the ability to delete your voice recordings, you have transparency and control over your Alexa experience.
✅ Voice control your smart home
- Manage compatible smart home devices on the simple interactive display or use your voice. You can control lights and switches, set thermostats, or view security cameras.
- You can also enable Alexa Guard to get Smart Alerts if your Echo device detects the sound of smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, or glass breaking
✅ Alexa is happy to help
- Make your life easier at home. Use your voice to set timers, add items to lists, and create calendar events and reminders. Cook along to step-by-step recipes or get exclusive access to cooking classes with a complimentary Food Network Kitchen Premium subscription. You can also check the news, weather, or traffic. Ask for sports scores, movie showtimes, restaurant hours, or information.
✅ Alexa has skills
- With tens of thousands of skills and counting, Alexa is always getting smarter. Skills are like apps and help you do more, such as play relaxing sounds or test your music knowledge. Just say, "Alexa, what are your top skills?"
✅ Alexa for kids
- Make Alexa kid-friendly at no extra charge. Turn on parental controls with Amazon Kids (FreeTime), in settings on your Echo Show 8 screen or in the Alexa app. Alexa will automatically give kid-friendly responses, filter explicit songs, block shopping, and let kids call approved contacts. Parents can also set time limits and review activity. Children’s privacy is important to us.
✅ Simple to set up and use
||Blue, Purple, White