Style: Echo Dot
Configuration: Device only
- Size: 3.9” x 3.9” x 1.7” (99 mm x 99 mm x 43 mm)
- Weight: 10.6 oz. (300 grams) Actual size and weight may vary by a manufacturing process
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- Bluetooth connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Dot or from Echo Dot to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.
- Audio: Built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers. 3.5 mm stereo audio output for use with external speakers (audio cable not included).
- System requirements: Echo Dot comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices and also accessible via your web browser. Supported operating systems. Certain skills and services may require subscription or other fees.
- Setup technology: Amazon Wi-Fi simple setup enables customers to connect smart devices to their Wi-Fi network in a few easy steps. A Wi-Fi simple setup is another way Alexa is always getting smarter.
- Accessibility features: The Alexa app and Alexa-enabled products include several features for customers with accessibility needs related to vision, hearing, mobility, and speech.
- Included in the box: Echo Dot, power adapter (15W), and Quick Start Guide.
- Language: Alexa speaks English and Spanish
About this item
✅ Meet Echo Dot - Our most popular smart speaker with fabric design. It is our most compact smart speaker that fits perfectly into small spaces.
✅ Improved speaker quality - Better speaker quality than Echo Dot Gen 2 for richer and louder sound. Pair with a second Echo Dot for stereo sound.
✅ Voice control your music - Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, and others.
✅ Ready to help - Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
✅ Voice control your smart home - Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, and more with compatible connected devices. Create routines to start and end your day.
✅ Connect with others - Call almost anyone hands-free. Instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device.
✅ Alexa has skills - With tens of thousands of skills and counting, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games, and more.
✅ Designed to protect your privacy - Built with multiple layers of privacy protections and controls, including a microphone off button that electronically disconnects the microphones.
✅ Meet Echo Dot
- Our most popular Echo is now even better. With a new speaker and design, Echo Dot is a voice-controlled smart speaker with Alexa, perfect for any room. Just ask for music, news, information, and more. You can also call almost anyone and control compatible smart home devices with your voice.
✅ “Alexa, play top hits”
- Use your voice to play a song, artist, or genre through Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, and others. With compatible Echo devices in different rooms, you can fill your whole home with music. Also listen to Audible, podcasts, radio stations, or pair with Fire TV to voice control movies and entertainment.
✅ Alexa is happy to help
- Make your life easier at home. Use your voice to set timers, add items to lists, and create calendar events and reminders. You can also check the news, weather, or traffic. Ask for sports scores, movie showtimes, restaurant hours, or information.
✅ Voice control more of your home
- Manage compatible smart home devices using your voice. Switch on the lamp before getting out of bed, dim the lights from the couch to watch a movie, or turn the thermostat up as you head out.
- You can also enable Alexa Guard to get Smart Alerts if your Echo device detects the sound of smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, or glass breaking.
✅ Keep your family in sync
- Use your Alexa devices as an intercom and talk to any room in the house with Drop-In and Announcements. Let everyone know dinner is ready, or remind the kids that it’s bedtime. You can also make hands-free calls to almost any number in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the United Kingdom to stay in touch with family.
✅ Alexa has skills
- With tens of thousands of skills and counting, Alexa is always getting smarter. Skills are like apps and help you do more, like play relaxing sounds or test your music knowledge. Just say, “Alexa, what are your top skills?”
✅ Alexa for kids
- Make Alexa kid-friendly at no extra charge. Turn on parental controls with Amazon Kids (FreeTime), right in the Alexa app. Alexa will automatically give kid-friendly responses, filter explicit songs, block shopping, and let kids call approved contacts. Parents can also set time limits and review activity. Children’s privacy is important to us.
✅ Designed to protect your privacy
- Alexa and Echo devices are built with multiple layers of privacy protection. For example, Echo Dot has a microphone off button that electronically disconnects the microphones. You also have control over your voice recordings.
✅ Simple to set up and use